Friday 4 January 2013

I'm lovin' it...

I've only been vegetarian for a year now but I can't remember the last time I went to a McDonald's. Growing up in Weston-Super-Mare in the 80's I remember when the corporate giant came to this seaside town. We were all so excited. This was a new era in 'food' and we spent many a Saturday morning and afternoon eeking out our pocket money and our cheeseburgers just to look cool hanging out in the garishly lit plastic shop.

OMG if I knew then what I know now...

Films like 'Fast Food Nation' and 'Supersize Me' helped me to rethink whether contributing to these corporate criminals was something I wanted to do. And I didn't.

But anyway, I digress - the reason for the title of this post is because I sang this on my way home from food shopping today!

The sheer excitement of food shopping now is a side effect of becoming vegetarian that I just did not expect...

Coming home with a huge bag full of fresh fruit, veg, salads and herbs is a surefire way to make you feel virtuous, smug even...

But this isn't just a New Year's resolution to eat healthier foods - its a way of life for me every day and every week now and yes, I'm lovin' it! I know that I'm doing my best to feed my body with wholesome, healthy, nutritious and DELICIOUS ingredients that are animal /  cruelty free :)



p.s I know there's a slight irony in filling an Ikea bag given the corporate jab...


Chantal
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting.