Wednesday 2 January 2013

Hopeful New Year!

Ah... 2013 and another new beginning.

I love New Years - I start out full of hope and positive expectation of what life could bring and what I might experience and achieve.
I always write resolutions - and whilst I'm not going to publish them here (they're way too private an issue) you might guess that this new blog could perhaps be just one of them.
The test will be if I'm still writing come February.....

One thing I CAN say is that the committment I made last January - to follow a completely vegetarian lifestyle - is probably one of the few 'resultions' that I have (very) happily stuck with for the entire year.

I haven't missed meat.
I haven't looked back.
I've never felt happier with a decision.

I know that I will never revert to eating meat again and I will try my best to never use products that either contain animal derivatives or that have involved animal cruelty in their production.

In just one year I've learned an immense amount about animals, food, cooking, farming, manufacturing and ethics, in often surprising contexts. But I needed to hunt and gather to assimilate all of this knowledge.
I'm hoping that this blog can be used to assimilate all of that info and become a valuable resource for existing vegetarians, those who are 'v curious' and of course those die-hard carnivores for whom the mists of indoctrination haven't risen yet.

Yes, you have to start the New Year with optimism don't you?
Enjoy.


Chantal D-H
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting.